What is an Aeronaut?
The Aeronauts are the official volunteer group for The Great Reno Balloon Race. As an Aeronaut, you get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to put on such a magical event. Find your niche by joining one or more of the Aeronaut Committees:
*Committees are subject to change*
- Responsible for working with pilots to help crew their balloon during the event
- Cloud 9 Management
- Involved in the planning, set-up and management of the Cloud 9 VIP Club
- Field Set Up and Tear Down
- Responsible for set-up/tear-down of tents, etc. on the field and making sure the field is clean and safe during event
- Responsible for patrolling the park to keep attendees safe during the event
- Responsible for working in the official GRBR merchandise tent and assisting in set-up/tear-down
We are excited to announce that membership is now FREE to anyone wanting to volunteer for GRBR!
Join the Aeronauts: To volunteer at The Great Reno Balloon Race, please download the documents below. Applications and signed waivers may be sent to: GRBR Aeronauts, P.O. Box 12695, Reno, NV 89510. You may also bring your completed application and waiver to the next Aeronaut meeting (see below). For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aeronaut Membership includes:
1. Crew training and a crew achievement program
2. GRBR apparel and parking pass for fulfilling duties
3. Members get to actively (hands-on) assist pilots and are an active part of The Great Reno Balloon Race
4. Saturday Tailgate Party on the field
5. Holiday Appreciation Party in late November/early December for all members who have completed shifts
6. Opportunities to assist hot air balloon pilots as a crew member throughout the entire year
General Aeronaut Meeting Dates: July 23rd – Kick-Off Party, 5:30 p.m. @ Rancho San Rafael, Peavine Pavillion
August 20th – August Aeronaut Meeting, 5:30 p.m. @ Rancho San Rafael, Peavine Pavillion
September 9th – Volunteer Registration/Welcome Party @ Rancho San Rafael, Peavine Pavillion
Crewing Training Dates:
Time: 7-9:30 a.m.
Location: Rancho San Rafael, Turf next to the museum parking lot
Note: Please park in the museum parking lot.
September 9th – Time/Location TBA