What is an Aeronaut?
The Aeronauts are the official volunteer group for The Great Reno Balloon Race. As an Aeronaut, you get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to put on such a magical event. Find your niche by joining one or more of the Aeronaut Committees:
*Committees are subject to change*
- Responsible for working with pilots to help crew their balloon during the event
- Cloud 9 Management
- Involved in the planning, set-up and management of several social gatherings including the Cloud 9 Club and tailgate parties
- Field Set Up and Tear Down
- Responsible for set-up/tear-down of tents, etc. on the field and making sure the field is clean and safe during event
- Responsible for patrolling the park to keep attendees safe during the event
- Responsible for working in the official GRBR merchandise tent and assisting in set-up/tear-down
We are excited to announce that membership is now FREE to anyone wanting to volunteer for GRBR!
Join the Aeronauts: To volunteer at The Great Reno Balloon Race, please download the documents below. Applications and signed waivers may be sent to: GRBR Aeronauts, P.O. Box 12695, Reno, NV 89510. You may also bring your completed application and waiver to the next Aeronaut meeting (see below). For more information call (775) 384-2554 or email us.
Aeronaut Membership includes:
1. Crew training and a crew achievement program
2. GRBR apparel and parking pass for fulfilling duties
3. Members get to actively (hands-on) assist pilots and are an active part of The Great Reno Balloon Race
4. Tailgate Party on the field Saturday
5. Appreciation party in late October/Early November for all members who have completed shifts
7. Opportunities to assist hot air balloon pilots as a crew member throughout the entire year
General Aeronaut Meeting Dates:
April 22nd – Kick-Off Party, 5:30p.m. @ The Sands Regency
Please check back next year for 2020 meeting dates.
Crewing Training Dates: