What is an Aeronaut?
The Aeronauts are the official volunteer group for The Great Reno Balloon Race. As an Aeronaut, you get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to put on such a magical event. Find your niche by joining one or more of the Aeronaut Committees:
*Committees are subject to change
-Responsible for traffic control entering the park as well as management of parking in reserved parking areas.
-Responsible for working with pilots to help crew their balloon during the event
-Involved in the planning, set-up and management of several social gatherings including the Cloud 9 Club and tailgate parties
-Responsible for set-up/tear-down of tents, etc. on the field and making sure the field is clean and safe during event
-Involved in recruiting new members and managing volunteer work and incentives
-Responsible for working in the official GRBR merchandise tent and assisting in set-up/tear-down
Join the Aeronauts: To volunteer at The Great Reno Balloon Race, please download the documents below. We are excited to announce that membership is now FREE to anyone wanting to volunteer for GRBR! Applications and signed waivers may be sent to: GRBR Aeronauts, P.O. Box 12695, Reno, NV 89510. You may also fill the applications out and bring them to the next Aeronaut meeting (see below). For more information call (775) 313-2922 or email us.
Aeronaut Membership includes:
1. Crew training and a crew achievement program
2. GRBR apparel and parking pass for fulfilling duties
3. Members get to actively (hands on) assist pilots and are an active part of The Great Reno Balloon Race
4. Tailgate Party on the field Saturday
5. Appreciation party in late October/Early November for all members who have completed shifts
7. Opportunities to assist hot air balloon pilots as a crew member throughout the entire year
Doors open at 5:30, meetings start at 6:00
All meetings will be held at New West Distributing located at 325 E Nugget Ave #101, Sparks, NV 89431
(unless otherwise specified)
Click here for a map to the venue.
- Aeronaut Kickoff Dinner: Thursday, April 14
**Must RSVP to Aeronauts@renoballoon.com by April 7
- May 19
- June 23
- July 21
Crewing Training Dates (will be held at Rancho San Rafael Park from 7am-9am):
- May 21 CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMATE WEATHER
- June 25
- July 23