What is an Aeronaut?
The Aeronauts are the official volunteer group for The Great Reno Balloon Race. As an Aeronaut, you get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to put on such a magical event. Find your niche by joining one or more of the Aeronaut Committees:
*Committees are subject to change*
- Responsible for working with pilots to help crew their balloon during the event
- Cloud 9 Management
- Involved in the planning, set-up and management of several social gatherings including the Cloud 9 Club and tailgate parties
- Field Set Up and Tear Down
- Responsible for set-up/tear-down of tents, etc. on the field and making sure the field is clean and safe during event
- Responsible for patrolling the park to keep attendees safe during the event
- Responsible for working in the official GRBR merchandise tent and assisting in set-up/tear-down
Join the Aeronauts: To volunteer at The Great Reno Balloon Race, please download the documents below. We are excited to announce that membership is now FREE to anyone wanting to volunteer for GRBR! Applications and signed waivers may be sent to: GRBR Aeronauts, P.O. Box 12695, Reno, NV 89510. You may also fill the applications out and bring them to the next Aeronaut meeting (see below). For more information call (775) 384-2554 or email us.
Aeronaut Membership includes:
1. Crew training and a crew achievement program
2. GRBR apparel and parking pass for fulfilling duties
3. Members get to actively (hands on) assist pilots and are an active part of The Great Reno Balloon Race
4. Tailgate Party on the field Saturday
5. Appreciation party in late October/Early November for all members who have completed shifts
7. Opportunities to assist hot air balloon pilots as a crew member throughout the entire year
General Aeronaut Meeting Dates:
Aeronaut Kick-Off Meeting: Wednesday April 24th at 5:30pm at The Sands Regency.
Please check back next year for other 2019 meeting dates
Crewing Training Dates:
Please check back for 2019 crew training dates.